Played on a few of the world’s oldest and most well-known links courses, the Open Championship provides a test of gold unlike any other. This year the event heads Royal St George’s on UK’s south coast as Shane Lowry seems to back up his breath through win.
Betting the Open Championship 2020
The Open Championship means big galleries, huge yellow scoreboards, tee times into the early evening, and most of all blustery conditions on windswept links golf fields. Nothing defines golf’s oldest major event quite like its geography, with rolling, rough-hewn layouts sitting hard opposite the roiling sea.
The marriages create unique challenges for opponents and bettors alike. In the 3 US major the PGA Championship, US Open and Masters Cup – conditions are almost always consistent over the week. But the Open Championship event is a crapshoot.
One day can be a placid and sunny day, and scores can be very low. The next day windy and raw day and scoring can be impossible. That similar divergence can be present form one morning to that same afternoon.
At the Open Championship, watching the weather is a vital o bettor as watching the golf. Practically in the case of prop wagers to scoring, gambling fans need to be well aware of what is rolling in from the sea. Knowing when golfers tee off almost as crucial, given that tee times span over ten hours the first 2 days, and weather can change rapidly on the UK coast.
The golf field looks inviting, normally with generous greens and fairways as a huge runway but they are also often extremely wild compared to US layouts, with thickets of hidden swales, native flora, and pit-like bunkers.
The Open Championship Basics
Before taking benefit of the Open Championship internet gambling, it is worth understanding the event and how it works.
- What: The Open is the single major golf competition staged outside the US.
- When: It’s held between the US Open and PGA Championship. The contest happens in mid-July and is the oldest major golf contest.
- Where: The host golf courses change from year to year.
- The Game: The Open forever features a 72-hole spread over 4 days. The player pool thins out from 156 golfers at the start to 70 golfers after 36 holes of play.
- Scoring: The Open Championship uses the stroke-play scoring ecosystem.
- The Prize: The winner is presented with The Golf winner Trophy, known as the Claret Jug.
- Rory Mcilroy 10/1
- Tiger woods 14/1
- Dustin Johnson 83/2
- Justin Rose 16/1
The Open Championship 2020 Betting Tips
Like all other sports, internet betting golf wagers are only limited by your imagination. Not just only can you wager on the outright event winner, but you can hedge your wagers by selecting multiple golfers.
You can bet on whether a golfer will get a hole in one of the specific holes even guess the last score. It is forever best to save a bit money for later in the event in case your early wagers do not pan out as planned.
Here’re some betting tips to keep in mind when placing your wagers Open Championship 2020
- Knowledge is vital in all sports betting, ensure you do your research and look back at individual golfer’s previous performances.
- It is always a fine idea to access individual golfers and check how they are expected to play
- See how specific golfers have played on certain courses
- Keep up to date with golfers, courses, injuries, and weather situations.
- Find a trusted internet sportsbook to place your wagers.