Horse racing is a popular sport and betting activity in Washington state. There are two physical racetracks in the state where you can enjoy live racing and wagering, as well as several off-track betting locations and online horse racing betting sites. In this article, we will compare the best horse racing betting sites in Washington and provide some useful information for bettors who want to enjoy this exciting form of gambling.
How to Bet on Horse Racing in Washington
Betting on horse racing in Washington is legal and regulated by the Washington State Horse Racing Commission. Bettors can place wagers on various types of horse bets available in the state’s racetracks, such as win, place, show, exacta, trifecta, superfecta, pick 3, pick 4, pick 5 and pick 6.
Bettors can also bet on horse racing online through licensed and reputable horse racing betting sites that operate in the state. These sites offer a wide range of races from across the country and around the world, as well as generous bonuses, promotions and rewards for loyal customers. Some of the best horse racing betting sites in Washington are:
- DraftKings: DraftKings is one of the leading sports betting operators in the US, and it also offers a dedicated horse racing app called DK Horse. The app allows bettors to access live streams, replays, handicapping tools, expert picks and more. DraftKings launched its horse racing app in Washington in March 2023, ahead of the Kentucky Derby.
- TVG: TVG is a premier online horse racing betting site that has been operating since 1999. It offers a comprehensive coverage of domestic and international races, as well as a user-friendly interface, live streaming, handicapping tips, promotions and a $300 risk-free bet for new customers.
- BetAmerica: BetAmerica is another popular online horse racing betting site that has a strong presence in the US market. It offers a variety of races, bets, odds and bonuses for horse racing enthusiasts, as well as live streaming, news, analysis and a $100 welcome bonus for new customers.
- TwinSpires: TwinSpires is the official online horse racing betting site of Churchill Downs, the home of the Kentucky Derby. It offers a high-quality horse racing betting experience, with access to over 300 racetracks worldwide, live streaming, handicapping tools, rewards and a $200 sign-up offer for new customers.
Where to Bet on Horse Racing in Washington
If you prefer to bet on horse racing in person, you can visit one of the two physical racetracks in Washington:
- Emerald Downs: Emerald Downs is located in Auburn and it is the premier thoroughbred racetrack in the state. It hosts live racing from April to October, with several stakes races throughout the season. It also offers simulcast wagering on races from other tracks across the country.
- Sun Downs: Sun Downs is located in Kennewick and it is a smaller racetrack that hosts live quarter horse and thoroughbred racing for six days in April and May. It also offers simulcast wagering on races from other tracks.
In addition to these racetracks, you can also bet on horse racing at one of the several off-track betting locations that are licensed by the Washington State Horse Racing Commission. These locations include casinos, sports bars and restaurants that offer pari-mutuel wagering on races from other tracks.
Horse racing betting is a fun and exciting way to enjoy the sport of kings and potentially win some money. Washington state offers several options for bettors who want to bet on horse racing, both online and offline. Whether you choose to bet at one of the best horse racing betting sites in Washington or at one of the physical racetracks or off-track betting locations, you should always gamble responsibly and only bet what you can afford to lose.
- Q: What is the legal age for horse racing betting in Washington?
- A: The legal age for horse racing betting in Washington is 18 years old.
- Q: How do I claim my winnings from horse racing betting in Washington?
- A: If you bet at a physical racetrack or off-track betting location, you can claim your winnings by presenting your ticket at the cashier or self-service terminal. If you bet online, you can withdraw your winnings by using your preferred payment method on the horse racing betting site.
- Q: Do I have to pay taxes on my horse racing winnings in Washington?
- A: Yes, you have to pay taxes on your horse racing winnings in Washington, as well as report them to the IRS. The amount of taxes you have to pay depends on the amount of your winnings and your tax bracket. You should consult a tax professional for more details.
- Q: What are the best horse races to bet on in Washington?
- A: Some of the best horse races to bet on in Washington are the ones that take place at Emerald Downs, such as the Longacres Mile Handicap, the Washington Cup and the Washington Oaks. You can also bet on major horse races from other states and countries, such as the Kentucky Derby, the Breeders’ Cup and the Dubai World Cup.