Golf is one of the most popular sports to bet on, as it offers a variety of markets, events and outcomes. Whether you are a casual fan or a serious bettor, you can find value and excitement in golf betting. In this article, we will provide you with some tips and insights on how to bet on golf, as well as some of the best golf betting odds and offers for July 2023.
How to Bet on Golf
There are many ways to bet on golf, but the most common ones are:
- Outright winner: This is the simplest and most popular type of golf bet, where you pick the golfer who will win the tournament. The odds are usually higher for this market, as there are many factors that can affect the outcome, such as weather, course conditions, form, injuries and luck.
- Each-way: This is a combination of two bets: one on the outright winner and one on the golfer finishing in a certain position, usually the top five or 10. This way, you can hedge your risk and still get a payout if your golfer does well but does not win.
- Top 10/20: This is a bet on whether a golfer will finish in the top 10 or 20 of the leaderboard. The odds are lower than the outright winner market, but the chances of winning are higher.
- Matchup: This is a bet on which of two or more golfers will have the best score in a round or a tournament. You can compare golfers from the same group, country or region, or based on other criteria.
- Props: These are bets on specific events or outcomes that may or may not affect the final result, such as whether there will be a hole-in-one, how many birdies or eagles a golfer will make, or who will lead after the first round.
Best Golf Betting Odds and Offers for July 2023
July is a busy month for golf fans and bettors, as there are several major tournaments and events to look forward to. Here are some of the best golf betting odds and offers for July 2023:
- PGA John Deere Classic: This is a regular PGA Tour event that takes place at TPC Deere Run in Illinois. It is known for its low scores and high drama, as many golfers use it as a final tune-up before the British Open. The defending champion is J.T. Poston, who won with a score of -21 in 2022. The favorite for 2023 is Denny McCarthy at +1400, followed by Russell Henley and Cameron Young at +1600. Some of the best bets for this event are Eric Cole to finish top 10 at +440 and Byeong Hun An to finish top 10 at +360, as both have strong putting games and recent form.
- British Open: This is the oldest and most prestigious major in golf, and the only one that takes place outside the US. It is also known as the Open Championship, and it rotates among different links courses in the UK. The 2023 edition will be held at Royal St George’s in England, where Shane Lowry won in 2019 with a score of -15. The favorite for 2023 is Rory McIlroy at +8503, followed by Scottie Scheffler at +900. Some of the best bets for this event are Jon Rahm to win at +10003, as he has three victories in six tour starts in 2023 and has proven himself in majors before; and Kurt Kitayama to finish top 20 at +5000, as he won the Arnold Palmer Invitational in March and has a solid all-around game.
Golf betting can be fun and profitable if you know how to find the best odds and offers, and how to analyze the different markets and factors. July 2023 is a great month for golf betting, as there are several major tournaments and events to choose from. We hope this article has given you some useful tips and insights on how to bet on golf, and some of the best golf betting odds and offers for July 2023. Remember to always gamble responsibly and enjoy the game.
- Q: Where can I find the best golf betting odds and offers?
- A: There are many online sportsbooks and platforms that offer golf betting odds and offers, but you should always compare them and look for the ones that suit your preferences and needs. Some of the factors to consider are the reputation, security, customer service, bonuses, promotions, payment methods and variety of markets of the sportsbook.
- Q: How can I improve my golf betting skills?
- A: There is no surefire way to win at golf betting, but you can improve your chances by doing some research and analysis before placing your bets. You should learn about the golfers, their strengths, weaknesses, form, injuries, motivation and style of play. You should also learn about the courses, their layout, difficulty, weather, history and impact on the game. You should also keep track of your bets, results and performance, and adjust your strategy accordingly.
- Q: What are some common golf betting terms?
- A: Here are some common golf betting terms that you should know:Par: The number of strokes that a golfer is expected to take to complete a hole or a course.Birdie: A score of one stroke under par on a hole.Eagle: A score of two strokes under par on a hole.Bogey: A score of one stroke over par on a hole.Double bogey: A score of two strokes over par on a hole.Cut: The score that determines which golfers will advance to the final rounds of a tournament.Field: The group of golfers who are competing in a tournament.Futures: Bets that are placed well in advance of a tournament or event.Live betting: Bets that are placed during a tournament or event as it unfolds.Head-to-head: Bets that are placed on which of two or more golfers will have the best score in a round or a tournament.