Snooker is one of the most popular and exciting sports to bet on in the UK. Whether you are a fan of the World Championship, the Masters, or the UK Championship, you can find plenty of snooker betting opportunities at the best snooker betting sites in the UK.
But how do you choose the right snooker betting site for you? What are the factors you should consider before placing your bets? And what are the best snooker betting tips to increase your chances of winning?
In this article, we will answer all these questions and more. We will also reveal our top 10 snooker betting sites in the UK for July 2023, based on our expert research and analysis. Here they are:
|Rank||Snooker Betting Site||Welcome Offer||Why We Like It|
|1||Luckland||50% Back as a Welcome Bonus up to £25 on First Day Losses||Best in the UK overall|
|2||Grosvenor||Bet £10, Get £30||Best world championship odds|
|3||Mr Play Sport||Bet £10, Get £10 in Free Bets||Best Masters odds|
|4||888 Sport||Bet £10, Get £30 in Free Bets + £10 Casino Bonus||Best for in-play betting|
|5||Kwiff||Bet £20 and Get it Back as Cash if it Loses||Great sports club|
|6||Betfred||Bet £10, Get £40 in Bonuses||Great loyalty program and range of promotions|
|7||BetVictor||Bet £5, Get £30 in Free Bets||User-friendly interface and listed in our top-ten football betting sites|
|8||bet365||Up to £100 in Bet Credits for New Customers||Winner of Best Welcome Offer at the BC Bookmaker Awards and a wide range of sports options|
|9||Unibet||Money Back as Bonus up to £40 if Your First Bet Loses + £10 Casino Bonus||Great reliable odds and in-play betting|
|10||Coral||Get a £20 Free Bet When You Bet £5||Reliable bookmaker for all and sizeable range of betting markets|
How to Choose the Best Snooker Betting Site for You
Choosing the best snooker betting site for you depends on several factors, such as:
- The quality and variety of snooker betting markets and odds
- The availability and generosity of snooker betting offers and promotions
- The ease of use and functionality of the snooker betting platform
- The security and reliability of the snooker betting site
- The customer service and support of the snooker betting site
To help you make an informed decision, we have reviewed and rated each of our top 10 snooker betting sites based on these criteria. You can read our detailed reviews below to find out more about each site’s strengths and weaknesses.
Alternatively, you can use our comparison tool to compare different snooker betting sites side by side and see which one suits your preferences best.
Snooker Betting Tips
Snooker is a complex and unpredictable sport that requires a lot of skill, concentration, and mental toughness from the players. Therefore, betting on snooker can be challenging but also rewarding if you know what to look for.
Here are some snooker betting tips to help you improve your chances of winning:
- Do your research: Before placing any snooker bet, you should do some research on the players, their form, their head-to-head records, their strengths and weaknesses, their motivation, their schedule, and any other relevant factors that might affect their performance.
- Look for value: Value is when the odds offered by a snooker betting site are higher than the actual probability of an outcome happening. For example, if you think that a player has a 60% chance of winning a match, but the odds are 2.00 (50%), then you have found value. To find value, you need to compare different snooker betting sites and look for the best odds available.
- Bet on the outright markets: Outright markets are when you bet on the winner of a tournament, rather than a single match. Outright markets can offer higher returns and more excitement, as you can follow your favourite player throughout the tournament. However, they also involve more risk, as anything can happen in a long and gruelling snooker tournament.
- Bet on the in-play markets: In-play markets are when you bet on a snooker match while it is happening. In-play markets can offer more opportunities and flexibility, as you can react to the live action and adjust your bets accordingly. However, they also require more attention and discipline, as you need to watch the match closely and avoid emotional or impulsive bets.
- Bet responsibly: Snooker betting should be fun and entertaining, not stressful or addictive. Therefore, you should always bet responsibly and within your means. You should never bet more than you can afford to lose, chase your losses, or bet under the influence of alcohol or drugs. If you feel that you have a problem with snooker betting, you should seek help from a professional organisation such as GamCare or GambleAware.
Snooker is a fascinating and thrilling sport to watch and bet on. If you are looking for the best snooker betting sites in the UK for July 2023, you have come to the right place.
We have compiled a list of our top 10 snooker betting sites based on our expert research and analysis. We have also provided some snooker betting tips to help you make smarter and more profitable bets.
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced snooker bettor, we hope that this article has been useful and informative for you. Now, all you have to do is choose your favourite snooker betting site from our list, sign up, claim your welcome offer, and start betting on snooker.
Good luck and have fun!
What is snooker?
Snooker is a cue sport that originated in India in the 19th century. It is played on a rectangular table covered with green cloth, with six pockets along the edges. The table has 22 balls: one white cue ball, 15 red balls worth one point each, and six coloured balls worth different points: yellow (2), green (3), brown (4), blue (5), pink (6), and black (7).
The aim of the game is to score more points than your opponent by potting the balls in the pockets in a specific order. A player must first pot a red ball, then a coloured ball of their choice, then another red ball, and so on. The coloured balls are returned to their spots after each pot until all the red balls are cleared. Then, the player must pot the coloured balls in ascending order of their value.
A match consists of a number of frames, usually an odd number such as 11 or 19. A frame is won by the player who scores more points in that frame. A match is won by the player who wins more frames than their opponent.
What are the major snooker tournaments?
Snooker has a busy and varied calendar of tournaments throughout the year. The most prestigious and popular tournaments are:
- The World Championship: The biggest and most important snooker tournament, held every year at the Crucible Theatre in Sheffield since 1977. It is the final event of the snooker season and lasts for 17 days in April and May. It features 32 players competing for a prize fund of over £2 million and the coveted trophy.
- The Masters: The second most prestigious snooker tournament, held every year at Alexandra Palace in London since 1975. It is an invitational event that features only the top 16 players in the world rankings. It lasts for eight days in January and offers a prize fund of over £700,000.
- The UK Championship: The third most prestigious snooker tournament, held every year at various venues across the UK since 1977. It is open to all professional players and features 128 players competing for a prize fund of over £1 million. It lasts for 13 days in November and December.
- The Triple Crown: The collective name for the three most prestigious snooker tournaments: the World Championship, the Masters, and the UK Championship. Only 11 players have won all three events in their careers: Steve Davis, Terry Griffiths, Alex Higgins, Stephen Hendry, John Higgins, Mark Williams, Ronnie O’Sullivan, Neil Robertson, Mark Selby, Shaun Murphy, and Judd Trump.
- The Home Nations Series: A series of four ranking tournaments held in each of the four home nations of the UK: England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. Each tournament features 128 players competing for a prize fund of £405,000. The winner of each tournament receives £70